Best Price: £54.93 here
+ Simple to operate
- Jerky video quality
+ Lots of peripheral extras
- Hard to line up the camera when on bike helmet.
What it does: A small and lightweight camcorder designed for video and photo capture during extreme sports.
- Ease of use – Fairly simple to use with coloured LED’s to indicate what you are doing.
- Picture quality – see a sample video here.
- Design – Sturdy. Well designed for heavy outdoor use.
The camera is well built and designed for outdoor use with “weather resistant anti-corrosive casing” and a shock resistant design.
There is a panel on the camera half way down, with 4 LED’d and a REC/PAUSE button in the centre. There is also a hole where the microphone is as well.
On the base of the camera, there is a screw top that when removed revels the MicroSD card slot, Mini USB port and the on/off switch.
The camera also comes with several stands and grips to attach the camera to oneself or your bike or car. These include a bicycle helmet attachment, a bicycle frame bracket and a car mount.
Downloading the images is just the same as you would from a normal video camera or digital camera.
Still picture quality is good as is the video quality; however it is a little jerky due to a fairly low frame speed. There is also some wind noise, but nothing to get worked up about
· MDV-450 Camera
· Micro SD Card 2GB
· Camera Stand with Suction Grip
· Bicycle Helmet Attachment
· Bicycle Frame Bracket
· Magnifying Sight Scope
· USB Cable
· Instruction Manual
· Video Resolution – 640 x 480
· Photo resolution – 2048 x 1536
· Framerate 24 fps
· Storage – 2GB Mirco-SD Card
· Weight – 60g
· Full specs here
A neat little camera with plenty of extras at a very good price. Video quality is a little poor but good enough for the armature extreme sports enthusiast.
Feel free to comment or ask a question.